October 8, 2010

Tiny Dancer

My Highland dance school does an annual fundraiser show each year with a small silent auction to help raise money for workshops and school costumes.  I wanted to make something to contribute to the auction this year, and found my new cross stitch addiction helpful in this regard.  I had a pattern for a Highland dancer in a blue kilt that I decided to try as my one or my ‘more advanced’ patterns.  The pattern was pretty easy, with the only tricky parts being the ‘tartan’ pattern in the kilt.


I really like how it turned out, and I think some of the kids from the school will really like it.  The blue Highland outfits seem pretty popular and I wanted to make something that the kids would be interested in.


After I finished this design, I finally was able to pick up a frame for the kilt hose cross stitch that I completed previously.  It's now proudly displayed in my craft room.


2 comments:

  1. OMG, that dancer is SO CUTE! I've never seen it before.

    That's the first time I've seen my pattern framed like that. It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one of the patterns the lady on DDN shared with me. It's the smallest of the four she sent me and was the easiest to tackle so far :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...